Monday, March 24, 2008

Bracketology for Idiots


Every year, millions of Americans spend countless hours agonizing over their NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament brackets. Sure, you can analyze statistics like TMZ trying to determine if that's really Kristin Davis blowing her former boyfriend in those pictures - but at day's end, it's pure luck.

Over at SuckCenter, whiny Jay Bilas, Jamie Moyer's father-in-law and Hubert Davis try to
act like they know what they're talking about. Good thing ESPN only has TV rights to the pathetic NIT and Women's tourney, otherwise viewers would never get up to the minute NFL Draft reports.

With 48 teams eliminated from play, my bracket boasts 11 teams still alive. That's pretty damn good considering I rarely watch any college basketball that doesn't involve the Washington Huskies. And if you follow these easy steps, I can almost nearly guarantee success.

Personal Biases - Complete with their vaginal blood red uniforms, the Washington State Cougars will always be my most hated college team (all sports apply). But I know the Cougs have a solid team that's as well coached as any. I'd be an idiot to not have them in the Sweet 16 where they'll be annihilated by North Carolina.

Limited Info - Tim Floyd is not a good coach. O.J. Mayo is greatly overrated. Couple that with the fact that Michael Beasley is absolutely disgusting. That's all I needed to know to pick Kansas State over USC.

Logic - For the first time ever, my alma matter, The American University made it to the tourney. Now unless I have Elliot Spektor's logic, I'm picking Tennessee 100 times out of 100. Picking and choosing your upsets is a must. But how many times has a team like George Mason played in April?

That's all it takes. Now excuse me while I root on the Duke Blue Devils, my pick to win the Big Dance.

No comments: